A loan move for James Garner next season has been described as ‘inevitable’ by the Manchester Evening News.
The 19-year-old is regarded in being one of Manchester United’s most promising talents, featuring in eight first-team games this season. Three of these have been starts in the Europa League, where Garner has showcased his ability to perform at senior level.
Operating as one of the two holding midfielders, the Englishman’s duties have relayed with the recycling of the ball, distributing from deep. In the ‘Michael Carrick’ role, Garner has maintained a pass success rate of 90% in the competition, highlighting his effectiveness in possession.
Many fans have called for the teenager to be granted more minutes in the Premier League, but there has been limited room for rotation. The arrival and instant success of Bruno Fernandes has left just two available slots in the midfield three, with the senior figures of Fred, Scott McTominay and Nemanja Matic battling it for such.
As per the MEN, United are now ‘re-plotting’ the pathway for Garner to get into the starting XI, labelling a potential loan move next season as ‘inevitable’.
This certainly looks the best case for Garner, who has little need for another campaign with the U23s. He has registered eight goals in ten games at this level this season, with it being clear to all that he is ready to now test himself elsewhere.
- Paul Pogba Looks Set To Stay At Manchester UnitedThe coronavirus pandemic has hit football clubs hard. Virtually all revenue streams have come to a streaking halt and although the return of the game looks […]
- Odion Ighalo’s Loan Extension Is JustifiedIt’s official – Odion Jude Ighalo’s loan deal has been extended and the first Nigerian ever to play for Manchester United will stay until January 2021, […]
- Barcelona Tried To Sign Marcus Rashford Last SummerMarcus Rashford and Barcelona were in contract talks last summer, according to Spanish publication Mundo Deportivo. The Englishman signed a new deal with Manchester United in […]
- Manchester United ‘Lead Race’ For Kai HavertzManchester United are leading the race for Kai Havertz, as reported by the Sun’s Alan Nixon. The Bayer Leverkusen midfielder had become one of the most […]
- A Look Into Manchester United Target Eduardo CamavingaManchester United are hopeful of beating Real Madrid to the signature of Eduardo Camavinga, as per The Metro. The Red Devils believe to have the upper hand […]