Manchester United are prepared to pay in the region of £30m for Jude Bellingham this summer, as per James Robson of the Evening Standard.
The Birmingham City midfielder has become one of the most prised assets in England, with the 16-year-old racking up thirty-two league games this season. His ability to perform so quickly at senior level has caught the attention of many top clubs, with Borussia Dortmund emerging as the main competitors for his signature.
United’s interest in the player has been well documented, with Bellingham being given a tour of the Carrington complex back in January, alongside a private meeting with Sir Alex Ferguson. The Red Devils are keen to not let this talent slip through their grasp, with the above report even citing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s promise that that player would be competing for first-team football straight away.
Although the club boast such an established history in granting such youngsters an opportunity to showcase their talent, convincing the player to join will not be straightforward. The Bundesliga has grown to become a popular stepping stone for English talents early on in their career, with Jadon Sancho setting the trend back in 2017.
Dortmund themselves have shown their desire to start young players from an early age, making their set-up equally as desirable to United. The Red Devils were also dealt a blow from German publication Bild (via Sport Witness) on Wednesday morning, who reported that Bellingham and the Bundesliga side have ‘agreed personal terms’.
It must be noted though that no agreement between Birmingham and the club was cited, arguably the most challenging obstacle in this economical climate. From the Red Devils’ perspective, the deal is far from lost, and the English side have the finances to invest in such players this summer.
- Paul Pogba Looks Set To Stay At Manchester UnitedThe coronavirus pandemic has hit football clubs hard. Virtually all revenue streams have come to a streaking halt and although the return of the game looks near, the last two […]
- Odion Ighalo’s Loan Extension Is JustifiedIt’s official – Odion Jude Ighalo’s loan deal has been extended and the first Nigerian ever to play for Manchester United will stay until January 2021, at the very least. […]
- Barcelona Tried To Sign Marcus Rashford Last SummerMarcus Rashford and Barcelona were in contract talks last summer, according to Spanish publication Mundo Deportivo. The Englishman signed a new deal with Manchester United in July 2019 until 2023, […]
- Manchester United ‘Lead Race’ For Kai HavertzManchester United are leading the race for Kai Havertz, as reported by the Sun’s Alan Nixon. The Bayer Leverkusen midfielder had become one of the most prised assets in Europe, […]
- A Look Into Manchester United Target Eduardo CamavingaManchester United are hopeful of beating Real Madrid to the signature of Eduardo Camavinga, as per The Metro. The Red Devils believe to have the upper hand in the deal, as […]