Manchester United have identified Rabbi Matondo as a potential backup to Jadon Sancho, as per the Manchester Evening News.
The 19-year-old has enjoyed a productive debut season in the Bundesliga with Schalke, featuring twelve times. Matondo is a versatile figure capable of playing anywhere across the frontline, gaining recognition for his blistering pace in-behind.
As per the MEN, the Red Devils have sent scouts to watch the promising talent, with the forward certainly catching their eye. The report cites the club in identifying the player as a more cost-efficient option to Sancho, in-case Borussia Dortmund price United out this summer.
Although there are doubts over the capabilities of clubs splashing the cash in the next transfer window, the Red Devils are keen to press on and invest, with Sancho being top of their priorities. This transfer has been reported so heavily that his arrival has almost become an expectation amongst fans, but it’s certainly a pragmatic decision from United to draw up a shortlist of attackers.
Whilst Matondo is not as established as his fellow Bundesliga forward, his potential is evident to see. Like Sancho, the 19-year-old left Manchester City’s youth set-up in the search of first-team minutes, after dominating at U23 level.
He has found a solid foundation at Schalke to build on, but the call of Manchester United may outweigh his ambitions in Germany. It’s certainly a story worth following, particularly if finances continue to worsen.
- Paul Pogba Looks Set To Stay At Manchester UnitedThe coronavirus pandemic has hit football clubs hard. Virtually all revenue streams have come to a streaking halt and although the return of the game looks near, the […]
- Odion Ighalo’s Loan Extension Is JustifiedIt’s official – Odion Jude Ighalo’s loan deal has been extended and the first Nigerian ever to play for Manchester United will stay until January 2021, at the […]
- Barcelona Tried To Sign Marcus Rashford Last SummerMarcus Rashford and Barcelona were in contract talks last summer, according to Spanish publication Mundo Deportivo. The Englishman signed a new deal with Manchester United in July 2019 […]
- Manchester United ‘Lead Race’ For Kai HavertzManchester United are leading the race for Kai Havertz, as reported by the Sun’s Alan Nixon. The Bayer Leverkusen midfielder had become one of the most prised assets […]
- A Look Into Manchester United Target Eduardo CamavingaManchester United are hopeful of beating Real Madrid to the signature of Eduardo Camavinga, as per The Metro. The Red Devils believe to have the upper hand in the […]