Manchester United are leading the race for Kai Havertz, as reported by the Sun’s Alan Nixon.
The Bayer Leverkusen midfielder had become one of the most prised assets in Europe, recently becoming the youngest-ever player to reach thirty Bundesliga goals. Since the start of last season, the 20-year-old has registered twenty-eight league goals, inevitably sparking transfer speculation around his future.
Bayern Munich have been cited in having an interest, given the pulling power they possess in Germany, but The Sun report United in being the favourites. The Red Devils are expected to open up with a £50m offer, but they recognise it may took may to get the deal over the line.
Havertz’ versatility is cited in being a key factor behind Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s interest, given the player’s ability to operate wide and also through the middle. The German could potentially kill two birds with one stone, adding some quality to the middle of the park at Old Trafford, whilst acting as cover for the flanks too.
His contract expires in 2022, meaning Leverkusen have two summers left to cash in on their star player. Would they risk letting him enter the final year of his deal in this economical climate, or would they take a guaranteed fee this summer? Given United’s willingness to push on in the upcoming transfer market, it’s a story worth following.
- Paul Pogba Looks Set To Stay At Manchester UnitedThe coronavirus pandemic has hit football clubs hard. Virtually all revenue streams have come to a streaking halt and although the return of the game looks near, the last two months have had a devastating impact […]
- Odion Ighalo’s Loan Extension Is JustifiedIt’s official – Odion Jude Ighalo’s loan deal has been extended and the first Nigerian ever to play for Manchester United will stay until January 2021, at the very least. The 30-year old was originally set […]
- Barcelona Tried To Sign Marcus Rashford Last SummerMarcus Rashford and Barcelona were in contract talks last summer, according to Spanish publication Mundo Deportivo. The Englishman signed a new deal with Manchester United in July 2019 until 2023, with there being an option to […]
- Manchester United ‘Lead Race’ For Kai HavertzManchester United are leading the race for Kai Havertz, as reported by the Sun’s Alan Nixon. The Bayer Leverkusen midfielder had become one of the most prised assets in Europe, recently becoming the youngest-ever player to […]
- A Look Into Manchester United Target Eduardo CamavingaManchester United are hopeful of beating Real Madrid to the signature of Eduardo Camavinga, as per The Metro. The Red Devils believe to have the upper hand in the deal, as they would be willing to loan […]