Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has provided some celebratory worthy news, by confirming that both Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba are back to full-fitness.
Manchester United have resumed training in preparation for the return of the Premier League and whilst a date has not been set, June is looking a likely date. The club find themselves in a unique position too, as they will be one of few teams that will be re-entering the field with a stronger squad prior to lockdown.
Fans have longed for the return of both Pogba and Rashford, and it looks as though they will be seeing the duo back when football resumes. Speaking to United’s official site, Solskjaer gave the following update on the two players:
“They’re looking good, they’ve joined training now and they’ve done everything the other boys have been doing. No reaction so far, touch wood.When we get started, it looks like we can have a full squad to choose from.”
Pogba hasn’t featured for the club this year, after suffering an ankle injury on Boxing Day. His time on the sidelines has been longer than first predicted, inevitably sparking transfer speculation around the Frenchman. An Old Trafford exit looks unlikely given the current economical climate though, and fans just want to see the midfielder strike up a partnership with Bruno Fernandes in the middle.
One player that will benefit from this potential duo is Rashford himself, who has been out of action since January. The Englishman was enjoying his best ever-goal-scoring season prior to his injury, still standing tall as the side’s top-scorer despite his prolonged absence. Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood have helped soften the blow, but the 22-year-old has grown to become the first name on Solskjaer’s team-sheet.
The manager’s good news has no doubt been welcomed by fans, as United have every chance of breaking into the top-four with their star duo back in the side. The Red Devils enjoyed a strong run of form before lockdown, remaining undefeated in their last eleven games, winning nine. Add Rashford and Pogba to the mix, and third place doesn’t seem like a far-fetched dream.
- Paul Pogba Looks Set To Stay At Manchester UnitedThe coronavirus pandemic has hit football clubs hard. Virtually all revenue streams have come to a streaking halt and although the return of the game looks near, […]
- Odion Ighalo’s Loan Extension Is JustifiedIt’s official – Odion Jude Ighalo’s loan deal has been extended and the first Nigerian ever to play for Manchester United will stay until January 2021, at […]
- Barcelona Tried To Sign Marcus Rashford Last SummerMarcus Rashford and Barcelona were in contract talks last summer, according to Spanish publication Mundo Deportivo. The Englishman signed a new deal with Manchester United in July […]
- Manchester United ‘Lead Race’ For Kai HavertzManchester United are leading the race for Kai Havertz, as reported by the Sun’s Alan Nixon. The Bayer Leverkusen midfielder had become one of the most prised […]
- A Look Into Manchester United Target Eduardo CamavingaManchester United are hopeful of beating Real Madrid to the signature of Eduardo Camavinga, as per The Metro. The Red Devils believe to have the upper hand in […]