Paul Pogba will be available for selection when the Premier League restarts, according to the Manchester Evening News.
The Frenchman has not featured for Manchester United since Boxing Day, following a prolonged ankle injury. Pogba underwent surgery at the start of the year, keeping him on the sidelines longer than initially predicted.
His constant setbacks have fuelled transfer speculation regarding his future, as he is still yet to extend his current deal with the club. The midfielder’s contract expires in 2021, but United do have the option to extend for a further year.
Transfer talk and gossip has become the norm when it comes to the subject of Paul Pogba, but Gunnar Solskjaer has been keen to brush aside such distractions, particularly with the side performing exceptionally well pre-lockdown. There has been a change in the wind at Old Trafford this year – United have won nine of their last eleven games, keeping a clean sheet in each of their victories.
Fans will be hoping that such momentum will be resumed when football inevitably restarts, and the return of Pogba will only aid their hunt for Champions League qualification. The Frenchman has only featured seven times in the Premier League this season, but no player in the division has averaged more through balls (0.7). He also registered two assists on the opening day against Chelsea – only Andreas Pereira and Bruno Fernandes have managed more from the central midfield department.
The latter’s arrival in January has certainly helped fill the creative void in the absence of Pogba, and fans can’t wait to see the two together on the field. Both players thrive in creating chances for their teammates, and for the first time in his Old Trafford career, the Frenchman has a world-class partner to strike up an attacking relationship with.
Solskjaer’s side were on the rise before the hiatus of football, but the club will be one of few in the country that will actually be re-entering the field stronger than when they left it.
- Paul Pogba Looks Set To Stay At Manchester UnitedThe coronavirus pandemic has hit football clubs hard. Virtually all revenue streams have come to a streaking halt and although the return of the game looks near, the last […]
- Odion Ighalo’s Loan Extension Is JustifiedIt’s official – Odion Jude Ighalo’s loan deal has been extended and the first Nigerian ever to play for Manchester United will stay until January 2021, at the very […]
- Barcelona Tried To Sign Marcus Rashford Last SummerMarcus Rashford and Barcelona were in contract talks last summer, according to Spanish publication Mundo Deportivo. The Englishman signed a new deal with Manchester United in July 2019 until […]
- Manchester United ‘Lead Race’ For Kai HavertzManchester United are leading the race for Kai Havertz, as reported by the Sun’s Alan Nixon. The Bayer Leverkusen midfielder had become one of the most prised assets in […]
- A Look Into Manchester United Target Eduardo CamavingaManchester United are hopeful of beating Real Madrid to the signature of Eduardo Camavinga, as per The Metro. The Red Devils believe to have the upper hand in the deal, […]